Thursday, January 5, 2012

37 Weeks

I am full term! I am so shocked that you are not going to be a preemie. I was so certain that I even bought a bunch of preemie baby clothes. Looks like someone else is going to have to have a very small baby boy so I can pass those clothes on.

I had my appointment with Dr. Washkowiak this morning after a rough night last night. I was up until 2am with horrible reflux and throwing up. Dr. W had told me that she might just keep me after one of appointments so I was fully prepared when I went to my appointment this morning. I had my bags in the car and made sure the house was completely in order and I had Danielle lined up to pick the kids up from school, just in case. I didn't want to get my hopes up that you might come today, but I was actually pretty disappointed when she didn't send me to the hospital today. I think it is the hormones and the lack of sleep, but I definitely cried. It is all just going so differently than I expected. I really want to go into labor on my own and I really don't want to wait too long to meet you. I am very happy that you have gone full term, but now I am feeling very ready and anxious to meet you and have you in my arms. Pregnancy at the end is definitely rough.

Dr. W checked me and I am at least 2 centimeters dilated and she said my cervix looks ready. My blood pressure is about the same this time and there wasn't any protein in my urine so she said she feels okay with me going another week. The good news is we have an end in sight. If you don't come sooner, you will be born on January 14th!! I do really hope that I go into labor before that because I would rather avoid petocin and the increased chance of a c-section plus more painful contractions, but I am really excited that Dr. W will deliver me. She is such an amazing doctor and I think it will only add to the great experience of child birth to have her with me.  The date was chosen because it is the day next week that Dr. W is on call, but it is a special day too because it is your big brother's half birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment