Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

We spent our first moments of 2012 in Scripps hospital! We thought you were possibly going to be a New Year's baby and share your birthday with Jackson and Grandpa. Every year we spend New Years Eve with the McCallion family and this year it was at our house. We were having a fun night of make-your-own pizzas and make-your-own sundaes when I was starting to feel off and knew I needed to head upstairs to take my blood pressure. It was high and so I laid in bed for thirty minutes and Danielle came up to take my blood pressure for me. It works out nicely to have a doctor and a nurse at your house when you are having a health issue! My blood pressure remained high and Daddy was kind of freaking out (he does that, as you will soon learn) and Dr. Pat said I really needed to go to the hospital. I called the midwife on call and she told me to come in for monitoring. It was a pretty crazy ten minutes gathering up all our stuff and packing bags just in case we were going to have you. Daddy must have gone back into the house like 4 times because we kept remembering things we forgot to bring while we were pulling out of the driveway. Thank goodness we had great friends at our house that could be there with Carson and Brooke.

It was a crazy foggy night and a bit of a dangerous drive to the hospital. Daddy had been enjoying some good champagne and nice wine with Pat & Danielle so it was a good thing I could drive. They ran some tests on me and monitored my blood pressure and contractions for a couple hours and everything was okay. I was having contractions 2-8 minutes apart but they weren't painful. The midwife checked my cervix and I was only 1-2 cm dilated. I was actually getting an ultrasound when it turned midnight. She checked on you and you looked great with lots of fluid in the uterus. You were practicing breathing.

It was definitely an eventful New Year's Eve! I was relieved that you weren't coming yet, but Dave was hoping that you would have been born so you could have had a special birthday connection with Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment