Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Old Wive's Tales

Now that you are considered full term, I am all about evicting you, my little watermelon! I have pushed out 4 and 5 pound babies pretty easily, but I am getting worried about pushing out a 7 plus pound baby. So far delivery has been really easy for me. With Carson I pushed 3 times and with Brooke it was 2.5 and I got to pull her out of me.

So in order to encourage you to come I have done a few things that are considered old wive's tales because they likely don't have any real impact on when a baby comes. I have done squats and lunges, eaten spicy Mexican food, taken warm baths, and a couple other things. Unfortunately I can't exercise or go on long walks since I am supposed to be on modified rest now. Well tonight I decided to put eggplant parmesan to the test. There is actually a restaurant that swears by it and has a wall dedicated to pictures of babies born after their moms ate this particular dish. The restaurant is in another state though, so Daddy and I went to Crush restaurant in Solana Beach instead. We had a great time, as we always do on date nights, and we both really enjoyed the eggplant parmesan. I was so hoping it would get things moving, but instead it gave me the worst heartburn ever! I am already on the full dose zantac around the clock and chewing tums as well. I was up until 2 am with heartburn and throwing up. The eggplant parmesan turned out to be a big fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment